Monday, November 7, 2011

Playing with wallpaper

Earlier today, while allegedly waiting for a man to do something which I knew he would not do, I had an epiphany of sorts. I realized what would almost certainly make me happy, vis a vis living room decor.

This night (or this morning, since it is now after midnight) I found a place online where you can create your own wallpaper, which directly has to do with what I realized would make me happy. Funny thing is, for a 3' x 3' piece of designed wall paper, it would be $400.53, for this design:



This particular design is not an absolute want, but, it is the closest I got to what I was thinking about.  Which, basically, what I was thinking of is a white wallpaper that has black, grey and silver words all over it, in various sizes and fonts.

This would be in a room with a large white leather sectional and some "moroccan" hanging star lamps, long shiny silver and white curtains, and, in general, the whole room would be gray, white and black; with colors being brought in by pillows, books, throws, knick-knacks, etc.  Which, I think that means the floor would have to be black.

Now, I am not quite so sure, because, that sounds like too much white. I've never been a big fan of white; but, to make the walls black  would make the room too hot and probably make things kind of tacky, if I did the words that way.

Of course, I could have one wall black or midnight blue with silver, gold and copper pin stripes, and one wall white with the words. And, one wall (the one with the water heater doors) also white with the words but with a very large and colorful painting. And, blah and blah and blah ...

No comments:

Post a Comment