Sunday, October 30, 2011

Rooms and such that I love

Okay, right now, I am still studying up on what I like and thinking of what to do and how to do it. So, here are some things that I do enjoy:


What I like about this room is the striped are unusual for that sort of furniture, and there is good contrast and complimentary colors, both, there.Nothing shocking, but, it is definitely different. I love the curves of the furniture and the straights of the stripes interplaying too. And, there is a bold mix of patterns and textures. Really, when it comes down to it, I don't like the room. Just the piece with the pillows, maybe the table and the lamp. What would make them even better? Hmm .. black velvet curtains  and black leather chairs. Maybe!



Love this weird little room, though I would probably find it unappetizing and too distracting to work in. This, actually, would serve nicely as inspiration for Roberta's living room as she was talking about some form of extreme whiteness with her purple. Again, a bold mix of color, shape, pattern and texture. Yaye!


And, here is where we veer immediately southward (no pun intended), as this is not beloved due to a bold mix of patterns and colors and shapes. It is earthy, comforting and comfortable. Make the bench a little wider and it would be great for sleeping outdoors, methinks.

Hmmm ... is this the living room that goes with that dining room? Looks like it! Don't know if Roberta would go for the yellow, but, again, I think this could serve as inspiration. I love this room! I'd want something a little less .. or more ..  hmm ...

Update: Here is how it would look (as best as I can do) with a black sectional, instead; and, then, blue - both just for the heck of it; and, then, of course, a purple sectional. Yaye!






Okay, it's not technically a room; but, it is listed under "Romantic Rooms" on HGTV.com, so nah! I'm wondering if I couldn't do a modified version of this, against one wall of the house, leading up toward the roof? It would give plenty of gardening space, and separate the garden into decent sized chunks that are easier to reach and maintain, and provide shade for the house, as well.


When thinking of practicality, I would not enjoy this "room" because bench seats tend to be terribly inconvenient and uncomfortable. I am not a great admirer of southwest patterns, either. But, I love the look of the wood and the tile and the dirt and the colors, together. And, I like being outside, when the sun is not attempting to kill me.



Here you go! I like the brick walls, which would be fairly simple and cheap to put together; and, I like the way the trees are planted. Very cute!  Combine the two things together, by making the more regular table and chairs out of wood and pad them well, put them on the tile/stone whatever the other table is on, drape some mosquito netting .. yes!


I like it, because it is pretty and weird!

Ditto! Though, it is more handsome than pretty.



Love the flowers and the color surrounding them. It looks like a cake decorator has been by and done a fine job on the living room wall.


It's a bit cluttered and I'm not sure how I feel about the placement of the chair, but, I like the paterns, colors, textures, wood and all.



Oh, my! Yes!



A great way to combine a table and plenty and plenty o' seating. Make those storage benches as well and hang a flat screen tv on the wall and suddenly I have room, in the back room, for a weight machine!

I wonder if I could fake that with my kitchen table and the love seat and chair? Hmmm ..

No comments:

Post a Comment