Sunday, October 16, 2011

A Starry Night Bedroom

I'm calling it that, because the painting Starry Night will be the main inspiration, since I do love and have always loved it, since I can remember. I read, somewhere, that looking at great art soothes pain and that this is the most pain-soothing painting in existence, which explains why I like it so much, I guess.

But, I am thinking that elements from other Van Gogh paintings must be present, as well; and, probably a print of the paintings, too. Which ones? Let's look at all of them:

Vincent van Gogh's Starry Night Painting
Starry Night
Vincent van Gogh's Starry Night Over the Rhone Painting

Starry Night over the Rhone

The Café Terrace on the Place du Forum, Arles, at Night, c.1888 Poster

The Café Terrace on the Place du Forum, Arles, at Night, c.1888


Almond Branches in Bloom, San Remy, c.1890 Art Print


Almond Branches in Bloom


Pretty, yes?


Hmmm .. it's been hours, not that I've been working on this the entire time, but, I have not found much to inspire me for bedrooms, but, I found these rugs for a living room situation:


Hand-knotted Gabbeh Rustic Wool Rug (5' x 8')




Hand-knotted Wool Gabbeh Sunrise Wool Rug (5' x 8')






Hand-knotted Gabbeh Rustic Wool Rug (5' x 8')







Hand-knotted Wool Gabbeh Sunrise Wool Rug (5' x 8')

Handmade Soho Burst Rust New Zealand Wool Rug (5' x 8')Handmade Soho Burst Rust New Zealand Wool Rug (5' x 8')





















No comments:

Post a Comment